Our Farm Shop is situated at Portwood Farm, Bush Green, Gt Ellingham, Attleborough, NR17 1AH, and opens solely for the asparagus season. It is signposted off the B1077 in Gt Ellingham village. Click here for a map and directions.
Our product range includes:-
- Bundled class I asparagus, graded into 5 different spear thicknesses – the choice is yours!
- Asparagus tips, for when shorter length asparagus is what your recipe demands
- Loose, ungraded class II ‘Kitchen’ asparagus – ideal for soup
- Local strawberries (approx. mid May onwards)
- A small range of other local seasonal fruit and vegetables
- Local free range eggs
- Local cheeses
- Free-range pork pies
- And, of course, our famous “Lorraine’s” asparagus quiches
We also have asparagus information leaflets and recipe books for inspiration.
Plus, from inside the shop you can see the packhouse in operation through a viewing window, and our staff are always delighted to tell you more about Portwood Asparagus, of which we are very proud!
We look forward to seeing you!
8 am until 5 pm, 7 days a week (incl bank/public holidays)
The first day of opening for the 2017 season is Thursday 13 April (asparagus for Easter this year!), and the last day for shop sales will be 21 June.