Our Farm Shop is situated at Portwood Farm, Bush Green, Gt Ellingham, Attleborough, NR17 1AH, and opens solely for the asparagus season. It is signposted off the B1077 in Gt Ellingham village. Click here for a map and directions.
Our product range includes:-
- Bundled class I asparagus, graded into 5 different spear thicknesses – the choice is yours!
- Asparagus tips, for when shorter length asparagus is what your recipe demands
- Loose, ungraded class II ‘Kitchen’ asparagus – ideal for soup
- NEW for 2018 – Our own frozen asparagus – available in 1kg bags so you can enjoy the Portwood taste year round
- Local strawberries (approx. mid May onwards)
- A small range of other local seasonal fruit and vegetables
- Local free range eggs
- Local cheeses
- Locally produced Ice cream
- Candi’s Asparagus chutney made using our own Asparagus
- Free-range pork pies and sausage rolls
- And, of course, our famous “Lorraine’s” asparagus quiches
We also have asparagus information leaflets and recipe books for inspiration.
Plus, from inside the shop you can see the packhouse in operation through a viewing window, and our staff are always delighted to tell you more about Portwood Asparagus, of which we are very proud!
We look forward to seeing you!
8 am until 5 pm, 7 days a week (incl bank/public holidays)
The first day of opening for the 2018 season is Friday 13th April, and the last day for shop sales will be 21st June.
Please note – we are now closed for the season. We will reopen in mid April 2019